The full-time MBA program consists of 4 academic terms. The full-time with co-op MBA program consists of 4 academic terms and 3 work terms. In the first 2 academic terms, all students complete required core business courses. In the second year, students take 2 required courses and 8 electives.
Students in the accelerated program are admitted directly into second year. They take the two required second year courses and 8 electives.
In first semester, students start by taking 5 introductory modules to help make sure everyone understands core business principles.
- L611 – Foundations 1
- I601 – Managing Financial Resources
- I602 – Economics and Business Statistics
- I603 – Competing through Digital Transformations and Analytics
- I604 – Creating Customer Value
- I605 – Managing Organizations
All graduate students at McMaster must complete two online SGS training modules within the first month of the program.
During second semester, students complete the remaining 4 required first year courses.
- A650 – Accounting for Decision-Makers
- F650 – Firms and Markets
- L624 – Foundations 2 (winter term)
- L625 – Foundations 2 (spring/ summer term)
- L626 – Integrating Project
Plus 3 of the courses below
- B650 – Managing People in Organizations
- C650 – Introduction to Health Care Management
- K650 – Information Systems in Business
- M650 – Strategic Marketing Management
- O650 – Operations Management
During first semester of year 2, students take the required P700 course, and four second-year electives.
During second semester of year 2, students take the required P720 course, and four second-year electives.
- P720 – Strategic Management
SGS Training Modules
McMaster graduate students (including all MBA students) are also required to complete two online training modules during the first semester:
- SGS 101 – Academic Research Integrity
- SGS 201 – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act